Form Center

By signing in or creating an account, some fields will auto-populate with your information.

Temporary Use Permit Application (TUP)

  1. Lawrence County Planning & Zoning Department
    Temporary Use Permit Application

    90 Sherman Street, Deadwood, SD 57732
    Ph: 605­-578-­3871 Fax: 605-­722-6221

    * Application and payment of a $250 non-refundable fee.
    * Discuss proposal with the Planning & Zoning Director
    * Applications shall be submitted 45 days prior to the event
    *Application shall describe the nature and location of all temporary improvements, use of permanent buildings, time periods of use, and any other pertinent info.
    * Planning Department shall review completed application for compliance with Chapter 10-Article 7.
    * Our responsibility is to review the application for compliance with Chapter 10-Article 7. We shall approve, approve with conditions or deny the permit within 30 days. The Planning Director may refer the application to the County Commission for a public hearing.
    * Your responsibilities include providing all required information, paying fees, possibly attending meetings if deemed necessary.
  4. Written communication from the Chief Officer of the organization which authorizes the applicant or professional event organizer to apply for this Temporary Use Permit on their behalf.
  5. This person must be in attendance for the duration of the event and immediately available to County Officials.
  6. Event Site Plan
    Please provide a detailed site map showing all pertinent information and a written description of your proposed event. This shall include, but not be limited to:
  7. Flood Hazard Area: April 17, 2012*
    All building permits requested that have any part of the property in a floodplain may be required to also obtain a floodplain development permit (FPD).
  8. This is the FEMA FIRM PANEL # which tells us where you are located within the Floodplain.
    For final permit approval, you will need commercial general liability insurance in an amount of not less than $1,000,000 that names “the County of Lawrence, its officers, employees and agents” as an additional insured. Insurance coverage must be maintained for the duration of the event. A copy of the Insurance Certificate must be provided with this application.
    This insurance coverage is required if you are planning to sell alcoholic beverages at your event. A copy of the Insurance Certificate must be provided with this application, if applicable. You must hold a current Lawrence County Liquor License in order to sell alcohol at any event.
    I agree, as a condition of being granted a Temporary Use Permit, to RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS Lawrence County, its commissioners, employees, representatives and agents from and against any claims, demands actions, liens, rights, subrogated or contributed interests, debts, liabilities, judgments, costs and attorney’s fees arising out of, claimed on account of, or in any manner predicated upon the exercise of the Temporary Use Permit including any loss or damage to property or the personal injury or death of any person, even where that loss, damage, personal injury, or death is caused or contributed to, in any manner, by the County, its commissioners, employees, representatives, and agents. I have received a copy of the Temporary Use Permit and all attached conditions and will adhere to them strictly.
    The OWNER, APPLICANT, OR AUTHORIZED AGENT, ACKNOWLEDGES: that the information in the foregoing application is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief and that I have read, understand and agree to abide by the rules and regulations governing the proposed Temporary Use and I understand that this application is made subject to the rules and regulations established by the Lawrence County Commission. I agree to abide by these rules and regulations and further certify to be financially responsible for any cost and fees that may be incurred by or on behalf of the Event to Lawrence County. That he/she authorizes the Lawrence County Planning Department staff and designees to enter on to and inspect the above-described property; and that he/she has been advised of the fee requirements and they have been paid.
  13. Electronic Signature Agreement
    By checking the "I agree" box below, you agree and acknowledge that 1) your application will not be signed in the sense of a traditional paper document, 2) by signing in this alternate manner, you authorize your electronic signature to be valid and binding upon you to the same force and effect as a handwritten signature, and 3) you may still be required to provide a traditional signature at a later date.
  15. Leave This Blank:

  16. This field is not part of the form submission.