Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
1. Application - This application is to be filled out online at www.lawrence.sd.us - FORMS - Planning & Zoning - Building Permit Application. If you are unable to do this online, please fill out the below information and we will then fill out the online application. This document will be deemed your electronic signature when we fill it out and it will send you a copy. YOU MAY UPLOAD THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS TO THE ONLINE APPLICATION or SEND by EMAIL to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Building Plans - (Drawn to scale plans - garages, decks, and pole buildings may be hand-drawn) Foundation plans w/ rebar schedule and steps in elevation Floorplans with dimensions and labeled rooms Wall cross-sections Elevations (Straight on view of the structure) Stairs and decks
3. Roof Truss Plans- Must be engineered by SD state-licensed engineer (Homemade trusses are NOT allowed) Ground Snow Load (GSL) shall be listed on the plans. GSL is based on your elevation, the elevation is found by using the Lawrence County GIS mapping.
4. Septic Design or Proof of the last pumping - for new residences or bedroom additions
5. Site Plan - A drawing showing the following, an existing plat may be used to show detail: All property lines and lot dimensions All proposed and existing structures, wells, septic, drain fields, waterways, driveways, utilities, easements and R.O.W.’s. All proposed/existing setbacks (measured in ft. from the foundation) to all structures (this includes decks and covered patios) and road right-of-ways (inclusive of Section Lines; private and public right of ways; driveways, etc) Setbacks are noted under each zoning district as they differ depending on zoning.
6. Retaining Walls -structural data is to be submitted for walls over 4’ in height.
COMMERCIAL BUILDINGS: Site Plan- Same as above with the addition of parking, signage, and drainage.
All commercial post frames, steel or pole buildings must be SD engineered. Plans from Building Centers that service SD will have a license to do so in the state.
You are required to break down square footages of your project as listed here (if applicable) If it does not apply to your project ENTER NA.
You are required to have setbacks from the structure to all lot lines. If you are within 50' you may be required to do a site plan survey by a surveyor. (This also includes to any public rights-of-ways; private roads/easements or Section Lines.) If it does not apply to your building project ENTER NA.
You may upload documents if they are in one file to each type or if having issues please submit the application, but then email attachments to email@example.com. You will need to put in the SUBJECT LINE: Parcel # and Last Name of Owner.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field