The Lawrence County Jail is a 51 bed facility, and provides a safe, humane and secure place for the detention of all persons committed to the custody of Lawrence County.
The Lawrence County Jail will:
- Operate in accordance with the U.S. Constitution, Federal and State laws, under the direction of the Sheriff.
- Maintain those in custody in a safe and humane manner until legally released.
- Operate in a cost effective manner, without compromising the safety and security of staff, inmates, and visitors.
- Provide inmates with necessary and legally required medical, mental health, and dental services consistent with the standards set forth by the Lawrence County Sheriff’s Office.
- Not discriminate against staff, visitors, or inmates because of race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual preference, age, or disability while providing the ability to maintain family ties and community contacts.
- Provide a detailed explanation of the facility rules and hold all individuals accountable for their behavior.
- Provide staff with initial and ongoing training in order to provide consistent professional development.