- Voter Information
- Current Election
The General Election is being held on Tuesday, November 8, 2022.
Please check the South Dakota Secretary of State Voter Information Portal or call the Lawrence County Auditor’s office at 605-578-1941 to find your current polling location.
Registered Voters of Lawrence County may take advantage of absentee voting by mail by filling out the Absentee Ballot Request, and mailing it to PO Box F Deadwood SD 57732.
If you want to confirm you are registered to vote, please check the South Dakota Secretary of State Voter Information Portal.
The Lawrence County Auditor’s Office reminds you that you will need to provide an acceptable ID listed on the application. Acceptable forms of ID are:
- A South Dakota driver’s license or non-driver ID card
- A passport or other picture ID issued by the United States government,
- A tribal photo ID, or a current student photo ID issued by a South Dakota high school or post-secondary education institution.
If you do not have access to a copy machine you may send a picture of your ID to email@example.com
If you should have any questions, please feel free to call our office at 605-578-1941, or check the Additional Voter Information on our website.
Absentee voting is available at the Lawrence County Auditor’s Office Friday, September 23, 2022 through the close of business on Monday, November 7, 2022.
Auditor's Office staff will be available Monday, October 24 through Monday, November 7, 2022 at the Spearfish City Hall from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Authorized Messenger Request
Due to sickness or disability only the deadline for authorized messenger request is 3 p.m. on Election day.
In South Dakota, the County Election Official must receive your application for absentee ballot no later than 5 p.m. the day before the election
The last day to register to vote or to change your voter registration information is October 24, 2022.
- 2022 Ballot Questions Pro/Con (PDF)
- 2022 General Election Statewide Ballot Measure (PDF)
- Instructions to the voters (PDF)
- Notice Deadline For Voter Registration (PDF)
- NOTICE OF DEADLINE FOR FILING NOMINATING PETITIONS FOR THE PRIMARY ELECTION AND FOR FILING INDEPENDENT CANDIDATE PETITIONS
- Notice of Election (PDF)
- Notice of Testing Automatic Tabulating Equipment (PDF)
- Sample Ballot General Election (PDF)