- Register of Deeds: Ms.
- 1st Deputy: Ms.
- Deputy: Ms. Marie Carr
- Deputy: Ms. Roxie
- Deputy: Ms. Keri
- Telephone: (605)-578-3930
- Fax: (605)-722-6212
Fee Schedule effective July 1, 2012
The Register of Deeds Office is the primary record-keeping
and archival repository for county land records.
The assessed value of real estate in our county is more than $2,000,000,000.00. The
Register of Deeds Office is responsible for the recording & maintaining of records
pertaining to that real estate.
The land records date back to 1879 & include plats, deeds, mortgages & many
This office is the keeper of birth, death & marriage records, military discharge
records, fictitious name filings, and various types of liens, including mechanics
liens, state & federal tax liens, hospital liens & UCCs.
Forms: The following forms are available on our Forms
page: Certificate of Real Estate Value, Birth Record, Death Record, Marriage Record,
Vital Record Addendum Form
Marriage License Information:
- Both parties must be present.
- A valid photo ID, such as a driver's license, state ID or
passport is required.
- The fee is $40.00, and we do require cash - no checks.
- There is no blood test or waiting period required.
- The license may be used the same day, and it must be used
within 20 days from issue.
- The license may be used anywhere within the State of South